Wednesday, March 21, 2007

An early dream

Soon after our son died I had lucent dream, meaning that I was aware I was dreaming as I was having the dream. Not at all what I was used to! In the first part of this dream I was pushing two people in wheelchairs down a sidewalk in our neighborhood. It was not easy going, since the walkway was made of stones that came together at uneven heights. We made it around a corner to a bus stop, but when the bus arrived there was no way we could get on. We made our way back home. I discovered the people in the wheelchairs were me and my wife. My interpretation? Our grieving would be very debilitating for us, a great struggle. There'd be things we simply couldn't do, and being part of the mainstream of life would have to wait. For us to work through our grief, I would have to make a great effort.

No comments: